What others see: “OMGAHHH that’s so cute!” “The cutest thing ever!” “Love has no limits!”
What I see: “Diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure, short mortality, sadness and depression that follows for the other still alive.” To love one’s body is to be healthy, not blindly following the fat loving trend.
Oh, Im sorry are you my personal fucking physician? Oh Im sorry, are you telling ME what it means to love MY body? OH Im FUCKING SORRY are you telling me that MY body acceptance journey is a trend?
More then all of the other bullshit health claims I have read, this, this one gets me the worst. For the love of god how DARE you call my self-love a trend. I love that so many kind people have been able to step outside of the typical perception of beauty and love and appreciate these pictures. But every once in a while some asshole like you comes out of the wood work to blow the whistle like “HOLD UP YOU IDIOTS, LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS ISNT LOVE AND HER SELF LOVE AND LIFE STYLE CHOICES ARE WRONG” Well Im really glad you have found a way to make yourself feel superior to myself, my partner and all of the decent fucking people who support our right to live our life the way we fucking want.
I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately. I consider myself to be a pretty good person, I will say hello and be kind if you approach me, I do a lot of charity work and I have a reputation for being pretty funny. Im pretty smart, educated and all that. I play music in a band, I like to paint and party and kick it with my friends.
And I’m fat, but most of the time I don’t realize that.That might sound really confusing, so Let me break it down for you:
I have always been big, everyone in my family is big. For the most part I was raised to love who I am. I’ve never really had a problem with it, until the world told me my body was wrong. Until people made comments, called me names and alienated me. Until my clothing options, healthcare and job opportunities were compromised. Oh yeah and lets not forget being the poster-girl for laziness/bad hygiene and immoral lack of self-control. And yeah I skated by on being-class-clown-extreme-always-doing-somthing-crazy-girl in addition to being a fat girl. Shit, I was even Prom Queen(GASP!) But no matter how much *I love myself* I will always have to deal with people (Like you!) Sticking their misguided opinions into my life and ultimately trying to make me dislike myself. As happy as I am with me, strangers will still give me cards with “A GREAT NUTRITIONIST’S” phone number on them. People will still automatically assume I am sad and depressed with myself because MY GOD HOW COULD ANYONE BE HAPPY LOOKING LIKE THAT. My career, my artwork, my talent will always be watered down because its all seen through the fat-filter. My boyfriend will still be questioned relentlessly about his attraction to me. I could go on and on.
It’s so fucking sad that people consider my body size to be immoral or a bad example. People really think this is the worst I could do. Because I think that the real savage behavior is the blind assumptions people make about being fat.
The real immoral action is dehumanizing someone, taking their humanity and dissolving into nothing just by looking at them.
Final summation: Dont disguise fat-hate/body shaming as “concern for my health”>Don’t confuse skinniness with health>Don’t confuse health with moral superiority. And most importantly, don’t tell me how to live my life.
- theanticlear likes this
- misugrrl likes this
- impressionofagirl likes this
- curvygirlonabudget likes this
- apfs1234 reblogged this from stuffingkit
- bbwunlimited likes this
- undeadpineapple likes this
- cupcakevandorn likes this
- moxiemisfit likes this
- tumblingbadgr reblogged this from chubbtacular and added:
- thatshowyoudoitbitches likes this
- robotsunderthetable reblogged this from fatcouples and added:
- biggdaddy73 likes this
- mikesinfiniteconfusion likes this
- suchasir likes this
- aceman7 likes this
- master-luis likes this
- plump-admirer reblogged this from xx-cyanide-xx
- jojo750193 likes this
- plump-admirer likes this
- spuck21 likes this
- xx-cyanide-xx reblogged this from suicideharlot and added:
- xx-cyanide-xx likes this
- obsidianblackblood likes this
- deanna432 likes this
- lepkelany reblogged this from inexchangeforyoursoul
- xxhoneylove likes this
- caffeinatedkisses likes this
- brebreann3 reblogged this from angelsfuckanddevilskiss
- thelieyoulikebest likes this
- angelsfuckanddevilskiss reblogged this from suicideharlot
- angelsfuckanddevilskiss likes this
- musicaldna21 reblogged this from femmsub
- femmsub reblogged this from suicideharlot
- alphaharlot likes this
- assbuttsandangels likes this
- suicideharlot reblogged this from anamanajewbee
- madrantageous likes this
- zephyroflove likes this
- wolfpuke reblogged this from fatposidoodles
- wolfpuke likes this
- glambell likes this
- chris-roett3r likes this
- abistrakt likes this
- my-wandering-ai likes this
- infinitelonerscircle reblogged this from phoenix-falls
- hakubaiku likes this
- cjpritchett reblogged this from paintbrush-cup
- cjpritchett likes this
- sunshineonmyshouldersmakemehappy reblogged this from flying-under-broken-wings