Actually, Chinese schools aren’t all that good either. The studious Asians stereptype is misleading.
The problem with US schools is the obsession with standardized testing, which leads to teaching the test, instead of the knwoledge and application of skills.
Well, when it comes to science there’s also the major issue of American schools treating things like evolution as a political football instead of accepted fact. It opens the doors to lax standards of scientific literacy and understanding, and we end up with about half the country believing the Earth is less than 6000 years old.
And compared to American school standards, most Asian students are studious.
I remember reading somewhere that many Asian countries use school systems based around rote memorization, which is what the USA is moving toward, and away from trying to have understanding and thinking critically about an issue.
- tolovetakescourage likes this
- youseewhy likes this
- eatallofthepumpkinthings reblogged this from wtfpoliticalcartoons
- deadend reblogged this from secotm and added:
- alanmac-faradree reblogged this from jethroq
- alanmac-faradree likes this
- jethroq reblogged this from secotm and added:
- todbrowning reblogged this from wtfpoliticalcartoons and added:
- secotm reblogged this from wtfpoliticalcartoons and added:
- eliyanii reblogged this from wtfpoliticalcartoons
- boogieordie likes this
- wtfpoliticalcartoons posted this